Friday, November 7, 2008

Today we went to Hamleys Toy Store... The girls had so much fun!! Jack could not really get out and play but he still seemed entertained! Hamleys is wonderful but ridiculously expensive!!! We still shopped for the sake of doing so but I was in complete sticker shock!! Trent - Matt's gift is coming to your house with Grant's...The name tags should be on them so hopefully they have gotten it correct!! We also bought a Birthday present for Brooke and a few toys for the girls and Bubby... What a fun adventure we had at Hamleys!

Hamleys is named after William Hamley, who founded a toy shop called "Noah's Ark" at High Holborn in London in 1760. A branch in Regent Street was opened in 1881, and the Holborn branch was destroyed by fire in 1901 and was relocated from 231 to 86–87 High Holborn. The business has survived in various forms to the present day, and at one time was the largest toy shop in the world. Hamleys moved to its current Regent Street premises in 1981.
Entrance to the 7 story toy wonderland!
All through the store are demonstration of the items for sale... We spent so much time on the 3rd floor (the floor full of all girls toys ) Here they are painting the girls nails.. I could purchase the kit for only 35 pounds (about $50)

Ok I got suckered into buying this art set for Emilie - the "mess free" hooked me
Ok I got this one too...They can make their own stickers - We got this for Brooke!
Emilie's sticker
Hannah's sticker
The girls learning to shoot!
Emilie learning to drive
Out front with the Hamley's greeter
Walking down Regent Street
After toy shopping we walked up and down Regent Street.. It is a great street for shopping.. I mostly went into the stores that we do not have at home - but we are so spoiled that we have everything... The biggest stores that I saw were a 3 story Nike town ( I went inside and snooped at the price of a pair of mens running shoes and they were about $300 )... Other stores were Armani and a 3 story Burberry, A huge Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers and several other US stores... I did buy a pair of knee high black boots but I have nothing to wear them with.. Emilie and Hannah were so sweet in telling me how pretty I look in them! (Jack slept)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow .. that place looks like heaven for the kids ! Was poor little Jack going crazy in his stroller ?? The demonstrations of all the toys is a great idea! I am sure some parents want in on that too !

Sounds like some fun shopping for you too !!

Anonymous said...

I did get the package at the house with Matt and Grants gifts.
The store looked better than the toys-r-us in time square. I love that they kids get to try some of the toys out.