Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Harrods London

Yesterday we went to Harrods... Harrods is far more fun for adults than for children but they do have a wonderful children's department with clothing/toys/books and Father Christmas during the holiday season.... I fed Emilie a huge breakfast to try to prevent her from telling me at 10:30 that she was hungry...Once this starts she has a one track mind and all she focuses on is lunch.... It did not work - so my browsing was cut entirely too short because Emilie had to eat lunch! We did however get in to see Father Christmas... He is booked the entire season and you have to have a ticket to get in...but they felt sorry for me and let us in! You have to walk through a castle to meet him... The castle is pink and blue and has pictures of all of the princesses along the walls.. Perfect for my crew - poor Jack! Once inside they spend time with each child asking if they have been good and what they would like from Father Christmas! Jack wanted no part of it - he would not go near him ( the reason I am in the photo)! As you will see we all have hat hair and did not know our photo would be taken ( not in your typical red and green outfits) but that is ok.. we still had fun! Everyone was given a huge chocolate coin, an activity book and well wishes from Father Christmas! It was fun!

After - we sought out the first pub we could find for Miss Emilie to eat.... I had forgotten this from last time but when you order Nachos in Great Britan you are given Dorritos with funny cheese... The girls loved them.. and Hannah got her sour cream fix ( I have not seen it in the market) We also shared fish and chips!

Finally we just walked around...I found some gloves and a scarf for Tim and a hat for me (that I will never wear in CA - maybe on the boat)... I looked for some long underwear for the girls but could not find any...I got them some tights at the Gap....

We went to the post office to pick up a package that I had assumed was a work package for Tim and was so thrilled to see Bill, Judy and Amy sent books for all of the kids - Thanks so much! They were so happy!

Today we are just getting ready for the weekend... a few uneventful errands and laundry! Have a good weekend!
Finally lunch...It was only 11:30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds wonderful !! like something out of the movie A Christmas Story .. and to top it off it is cold there so it actually probably feels like the holidays !

jack is changing sooo much .. he is going to be a little boy when he gets back instead of the baby he left as :)

miss all you guys .. Addie keeps asking when Emilie is coming home :)

Anonymous said...

How do you get all of the kids to smile at the same time? You are working wonders! You should publish a book on it!

Poppy said...

We love seeing the pictures of Harrods, it brought good memories for us.