Tim had to work today so I took the kids to the British Museum... They all had fun but it was obvious that they do not yet have the concept of ancient (they think I am ancient and Poppy is beyond - sorry Poppy! And Hannah thinks Miss Julia is 12! It was funny to observe the things that they found interesting... The Roman statues were hysterical to Hannah who is into anatomy at the moment! They loved the mummies! I had to drag them away from the few skeletal remains that were on display... Tonight when Emilie went to bed she kept asking if she was going to look like the man in the case.... Overall though I think it was a good experience! They loved the old jewels and they called everything in the 15th Century British History display a treasure...... They are too funny! Jack learned a new word - "Skeleton"...

Entrance to the British Museum


The girls with Venus


Emilie enjoying the mummies

The girls found this display of the contents of a tomb interesting

Ok I had to take a photo of this because Hannah would not get away from it...You can imagine her questions! I told her they were just hugging... But Emilie then asked why he was chained!!!

I took this for Robin.... Queen Charlotte of England

Hannah obsessing over the remains in this case


Inside the Museum

Piece from China

The Lion of Knidos

Dragon Tiles
3 comments:
Hey!
Marla, You need to tell the kids I am not a mummy - YET!
Mummys do not do magic!
Seriously; we understand, we had parents and grandparents.
Again great pictures, makes us feel like we are there with you and seeing the sights. I don't blame the kids wondering about those remains. So, they got a little Halloween in after all (ha)
Love, Auntie Tracey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK. YOU ARE SUCH A HANDSOME BOY AND I LOVE YOU. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
LOVE,
GRANDMA BINYON
Post a Comment