Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I survived

I survived the trip! Billy took me to the airport which was amazing...He had a sgt and another officer meet us at the curb...the officer went and parked the car (valet service) the sgt took my bags and got me through the back way of security and checked my bags...from the time we left our house til we were at the gate was only an hour...

The flight pretty much stunk!! The girls were great..Jack was a pain in the rear....He never cried or anything but he would not eat and he wanted to be held the whole time..I could not even go to the bathroom or eat...so I was very hungry and needed the ladies room when we found Tim...They made me get our bags before I could get to Tim so that was interesting....We found Tim and then headed for the hour train ride home ( on the Tube about 25 stops and one connection...

Once home we kept everyone awake (they slept about 4 hours on the plane...I slept 0)...We took them to an amazing park right by the house and to a pub for dinner....Tim had fish and chips ...Emilie had mac n cheese (that was $20 US ) and Hannah and Jack had burgers....

Today we went to add me to our bank account but we needed an appointment so we have to go back tomorrow... We also browsed shops...had some coffee and hot coco...and went to the market...I took a few photos and will add them later... Tim has the girls at Hampstead Heath (the park) which is so big I cannot even describe! Jack is sleeping and we will meet them in a few mins... Our neighborhood is in the center of town... lots of shops.. markets....bakeries...delis...you name it.. and its not touristy at all in this area which is neat....I am going to get soooo lost... I will take pics of the apt too...it is funny!!!

4 comments:

trafitz said...

I am so glad to hear you are all safe and sound. You must be so releaved and tired! I can not wait to start seeing all the pics you are going to do. Have fun
Love, Auntie Tracey

Anonymous said...

it sounds wonderful !! and you "sound" so happy !! yay !!
sounds like a tough flight . buuutt always can be worse thats for sure .. and you are ther now :)

take lots and lots of pictures !

miss you !

Poppy said...

Didn't you bring Julia?
Only kidding.
I wouldn't worry about Jack not eating.
Next time at the pub try the mushy peas, they are great.
Look forward to the pictures.
Love, Poppy

Court said...

I have to admit I was checking this thing all day yesterday wondering how it went. I'm glad you all are there and ready to start your big adventure!! I know its going to be a blast!!!