Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When I came to England a trip to Paris sounded like fun but I did not actually think we would do it.. Then when Tim said that it would be ridiculous for us to be so close and not go I of course completely agreed! I looked into flying but Luton is further from our flat and the airport in Paris is further from the hotel than the train station. We booked our journey on the Eurostar and it was really wonderful.. In France the train can travel up to 250 mph but in England only about 90 mph still.. So the trip only takes about 2 hours!
We stayed at the only hotel right on the Champs-Elysées. It was the perfect location for us especially since we had to be in our room at night (Tim and I sat by the window in the dark with a few bottles of wine so the babies could all sleep)! Also the hotel was in the perfect spot for us to see as much as possible in a single weekend!
Thank you Tim for taking us to Paris!

On the Eurostar to Paris!

We arrived at the hotel around 3 pm... Plenty of time to settle in! This is the front view from our room



View from our room ...who could complain about this...notice how crowded the streets are...it is absolutely ridiculous.. I had no idea Paris was so busy!
The Louis Vitton shop - Tim told me to go in and pick out whatever I wanted... There was a line out the door to get in both Saturday and Sunday so we went on Monday.. and guess what ?? I did not buy anything.. can you believe that? I cannot!

The Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous monuments in Paris. It was commissioned in 1806 after the victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon at the peak of his fortunes.
The Arc de Triomphe is a monument in Paris, France that stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, also known as the Place de l'Étoile.[1] It is at the western end of the Champs-Élysées. The triumphal arch honors those who fought for France, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars.
Taking a break in the hotel lobby

I took the girls for a night tour of the
Arc de Triomphe... There are about a ton of stairs to climb but the made it all the way to the top!



Well worth the hike up!
No explanation needed for this view!

Ok now we have to get back down!
Christmas lights in Paris.. walking back to our hotel
The barfing princess! Yes when you travel with our crew you get it all! Emilie went to bed just fine..Tim and I were relaxing with our wine and enjoying the view out of the window when the princess started throwing up everywhere! So much for romance...We put her in the tub, washed her hair and got her back to sleep...two hours later we finished our conversation!! She was FINE in the morning...Thank goodness!
We started our day heading to the Eiffel Tower...The morning fog was still covering alot of the tower so we decided to walk along the Seine.
Our boat tour along the Seine... Notice the Asian tour group behind me.. About 8 to 10 of them noticed Emilie and came over to the girls...Then they saw Jack and Hannah... we had a group of them taking photos of my kids for ATLEAST 15 minutes...They were getting in the pictures with them and making a big fuss... Obviously they had never seen blonde hair before...It was pretty ridiculous! Funny though...
Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris
The Louvre Museum
Nice view during dinner
Emilie wanted to go back to the top of the Arc with her daddy!
The are TIRED!
WINDOW shopping for Breitlings

1 comment:

Bianka said...

The same thing happened to my mom when my parents went on a trip to China. My mom has naturally curly (very curly) hair.. people stopped and even took pictures of her!