Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of Kindergarten!!

Today was her big day! Emilie started Kindergarten! She will be in Full Day Traditional Kinder... How did the past 41/2 years go by so fast. The first day of school is much more harder on all the mommies than any of the kids.. I cried atleast three times yesterday, on the way to school and as I said goodbye.. She of course gave me a kiss and ran off to meet her new friends.. I watched her sit on the rug with a complete group of new faces and start chatting away...That's our Emilie! We are so sad that Emilie and Brooke will be forever separated by a grade - but we cannot wait to play soccer next year with Brooke and of course just play in the neighborhood!!







4 comments:

Bianka said...

I can't believe they are growing up so fast! Congratulations on your first day of school, Emilie! (And congrats to Mommy for surviving it!) :)

suzanne said...

oh marla...i could TOTALLY picture you crying and being a mess that day. SO funny!! But such a beautiful moment. I am sure you will never forget it.

judy said...

i remember Amy's 1st day of kindergarten. She just walked in to the classroom and never looked back, leaving me there crying like a baby!

Poppy said...

Marla,

Jack and Poppy are sick at the same time. We hope Jack is not sick long.

We just had a visit from Tracey, Dave, and Matty.
Went surf casting for snapper blues and caught a couple.

Tell Jack we will send some pictures.

Love,
Poppy and Sue Anne